[Cdt-l] Resupply from Wind Rivers to Pinedale

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 10:37:08 CST 2009

Sorry for the 2nd email today but I am getting into full planning mode for the CDT this year as the rain splatters against my bedroom window.

I am looking for an efficient way to resupply from Pinedale via the middle of the Winds. I note on Jonathan Ley's map WY15 that you can walk 15 miles out from the CDT/Highline trail to Elkhart trailhead and then hitch 15 miles into Pinedale from there.

Would it be practical to hitch out to Pinedale from the trailhead/campsite at Green River Lakes on WY14? This would then be almost on-trail and eliminate the 15 mile each way extra hike to Elkhart Trailhead on WY15. I am presuming that its not mentioned perhaps because its pretty quiet there and lifts might be difficult?

thanks
Brian