[Cdt-l] Resupply from Wind Rivers to Pinedale

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 21:29:10 CST 2009

Here is what I did in 2007...I was SoBo:
1) Hiked the dirt road from Brooks Lake Lodge(South end of the Teton Wilderness).
2) Hiked road down to the Union Pass Road (past Lava Mountain Lodge where I had a package)
3) Hitched into Dubois and resupplied, spent 2 days there, went to the annual BBQ/Firehouse fundraiser, met almost everyone in the entire town, got taken out to dinner by my hitch, had a great general time
4) Hitched back to Union Pass Road (I had an easy time hitching but I am a single woman which people tell me is helpful)
5)  Walked up Union Pass Road...I vaguely remember it being 17 miles or so but I could be wrong.  I stopped at one of the restaurants along the way had lunch, chatted it up with people, met some campers along the way who had hosted my hiking buddies at their camp the night before and invited me over for dinner...nice!
6) Picked up the trail a little bit west of Union Pass and headed south into the Winds.

Why did I do this? a)  The trail between Union Pass and Togwotee Pass had been pretty burned up the summer before...so I had heard and, b) it shortened that segment so I could go from Union Pass Road all the way to Lander without resupply.  It was worth it.  The cirque of the Towers was awesome...Texas and Jackass Passes were cool.  I didn't go Titcomb Basin but next time I will for sure.

Happy Trails,
NITRO

Anitra I. Kass
www.anitrakass.com