[Cdt-l] Planning a CDT Hike

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:17:24 CST 2009

A drivers license and birth certificate worked for me but I believe new
laws will be in place where you'll need a passport.  A few miles from
the border there'll be Goat Haunt ranger station where you're supposed
to check in.

In order to get a back country permit, you'll need to get to the Two
Medicine ranger station about 10 miles from East Glacier.
Alternatively, since you're going in August when the park will be in
full swing, you may want to get an advanced permit with cost $20 in
addition to the nightly fee.  However, advanced permit requests aren't
taken until 4/15

http://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/backcountry.htm

Sly