[Cdt-l] Shuttle

Jim Eagleton eagleton at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:15:47 CST 2009

The shuttle was still running in the middle of Sept 2008 from the Prince of Wales Hotel to East Glacier.  I didn't need a reservation or Canadian money.  I did bring my passport.  It was a van, not the red buses.  I used the same van twice from East Glacier to Two Medicine to get my backpacking permit, and thn hike on.  I could have easily hiked it, but I wanted to stay another night in East Glacier.
Rambler> > Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:26:36 -0500From: hikertrash at gmail.comTo: roy_hiking at yahoo.comCC: cdt-l at backcountry.netSubject: Re: [Cdt-l] Planning a CDT HikeAlso...Since you're only doing Glacier, you may want to consider hiking north. The trail is somewhat more spectacular that way. It's easy enough to get a shuttle back. Walking into Canada maybe easier than trying to get in that country over the road and dealing with a border guard. SlyRoy wrote: > > > > > I am planning a hike, starting the first week of Aug., to begin in Glacier Park. I have found, online, a shuttle to the Prince of Wales Hotel. I will be going from East Glacier, arriving by trail, to the start of the PCT. I will only be doing the Glacier section this year.First Question? Will I need a passport and/or other permits to go to the trail head?Second? What is the process for getting a back county pass? Bayou My Hiking Journal is active @ http://www.trailjournals.com/bayou/N.O. Tour Page @ http://www.tournola.com> > _______________________________________________