[Cdt-l] Permits

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:38:35 CST 2009

Hiking north I phoned in the Yellowstone permit from Dubois.  You pick
out your campsites beforehand and tell them how many in your party, what
day you expect to enter the park and when, and where, you'll be
staying.  You may need to be flexible if some are full.  Then, IIRC, you
pick up your permit at Old Faithful.  Of course, you're nearly out of
the park by then, but that's how it works.  Hiking southbound phone from
Macks Inn.  Yellowstone permits are free.

Once you reach East Glacier, either southbound (before your hike) or
northbound, you need to get to Two Medicine and do it in person.

Sly