[Cdt-l] Anaconda Cutoff vs. CDT around Butte

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 19:46:29 CDT 2009

Gutsy and I did both last summer.? We took the Anaconda cutoff, then discovered that we were early.? We learned from a hiker in Anaconda (also the local?GM dealer) that snow in the?Pintlers was still?too deep to continue.? So we backtracked on the same cutoff back to the CDT and proceeded south on the CDT.? We were stopped?again by the snow on the switchbacks above Upper Seymour Lake.

And I agree with?other comments about the cutoff vs the CDT around Butte.? The cutoff has plenty of roadwalking and some private property.??We saw several miles of new trail on the CDT.

Due to work and family related?circumstances, we will not be able to section hike on the CDT this summer--bummer!!? But I have been adding to my AT section hike.? I did a week in VA in May and another week in June, ending at Waynesboro.? We may add another week in July

Odometer
?