[Cdt-l] Permit to enter Canada

Chris Willett CWillett at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Jun 3 18:23:47 CDT 2009

There is a US ranger station and customs post at Goat Haunt for south bound
people into the US. It is a Class B Port of Call, which just means it is for
US and Canadian citizens and permanent residents only. Northbound there is
an RCMP post in Waterton townsite. Because of the twin park structure you do
not seem to need to check in with the Mounties, as people take the boat down
to Goat Haunt and walk back all the time.

So, as a short answer I think you are ok just walking across.


On 6/3/09 3:37 PM, "Melanie Simmerman" <jennylind50 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm now contemplating going northbound to Canada and may be able to do the
> Highline Trail into Waterton Lakes. Do we need the form (as I got for the PCT)
> Permission to enter Canada, or is having your passport at the border
> sufficient?
> Melanie
> _______________________________________________
> Cdt-l mailing list
> Cdt-l at backcountry.net
> http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/cdt-l

More information about the Cdt-l mailing list