[Cdt-l] Chama (Cumbres) Entry Day?

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 12:26:40 CDT 2009

the blowdowns were easy to negotiate (easier than much of the trail around here!) and put us on the ridge above the trees more quickly and was mostly nice trail. The reroute was on graded dirt road up the valley for a while and looked less enjoyable.

as an update, Brian and Martina reached Wolf Creek Pass NB a few days ago and are now flipping to Frisco/Dillon and are going to try and walk back south to Wolf Creek Pass including the San Juans over the next few weeks. We are hoping that the trail will be easier to follow to Twin Lakes even if it is in snow and by the time we get to Lake City the San Juan snow will have melted a bit!

Thats the plan anyway.

happy hiking
Brian
david booth wrote:

Perhaps we need the equivalent of a "Ray Day" for sensible entry to
the snowy South San Juans?
Perhaps at least June 20?
Also why are hikers not using the well documented Wolf alternative
that avoids the logging?
Perhaps heavy snow in the valley is the answer, but why negotiate the
blow downs (several times) if you don't have to?.
Aussie Dave
Canberra Australia