[Cdt-l] Chama (Cumbres) Entry Day?

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 22:37:55 CDT 2009

Should be a great hike david and the snow should be nicely melted!

brian and martina have now hiked from Silverthorne to Twin Lakes SB and are aiming for hiking the San Juans to Wolf Creek Pass. We met snow above about 11,000ft. The snow was very soft and made for some deep postholing in places. Over Searle Pass to kokomo (?) pass was snowy, tiring and wet on the feet. Probably about 6 miles of deep snow. The views were great though. The pass in the Holy Cross Wilderness was shorter, probably 3 miles of deep snow. Other than that its been plain sailing with well marked trail with signposts and all the luxuries of the Colorado Trail.

Next stop Monarch pass and salida !

brian