[Cdt-l] digital cameras and lithium batteries

Melanie Simmerman jennylind50 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 15:46:07 CST 2009

For the first time ever, I have a new digital camera. I am trying to figure this new amazing toy out (it's tiny, light, slim and RED- a Casio EXLIM), but also am wondering how folks are dealing with re-charging batteries on the trail. I was assuming that I'd put the charger in my bounce box and re-charge in town. Then, a friend pointed out that the battery doesn't last more than a day or so, depending how much you keep the camera "on."

So, what to do? Keep multiple batteries in the pack? They are small. What do others do?

I'm currently testing the camera to see how many days I can go shooting about ten or so pictures per day before the battery runs down.
Melanie