[Cdt-l] digital cameras and lithium batteries

Adam Bliss Abliss at vt.edu
Thu Mar 5 16:03:39 CST 2009

I carried a Canon digital elph on both of my thru hikes and it had a
lithium. In the begining i carried a spare battery for it but soon ealized i
didnt need it. the battery my camera used was great. Through the high
sierras i shot well over a hundred photos over 12 days and mine didnt go
dead. There are also ways of decreasing the amount of power your camera uses
ie. turn the brightness of the LCD screen down, dont use the screen to shoot
your pic, use the viewfinder if your camera has one. your best bet would
probably be to try it out. The battery charger that came with my camera was
so small and light i carried it in my pack, instead of bouncing it. i cant
speak for all camera batteries but i have had good luck with lithiums.
Adam
aka Saltlick