[Cdt-l] "Ohhhh, Poncho!" Re: Cdt-l Digest, Vol 18, Issue 10

Dave and Cindy hikeon at surewest.net
Thu Mar 12 12:47:30 CDT 2009

Tom,
I think that description certainly talks me out of using a poncho.  Doesn't
sound very practical plus it is not weight saving considering the extra
clothing needed to insulate.
I only know from my experience that a rain jacket and pants still allow
moisture to accumulate inside due to the fact that there is condensation
from perspiring. The poncho, when secured correctly, (if there is such a
setup), allows for more air circulation which I would think helps to keep
the inside dryer?  I guess it depends on the climate as in warmer weather
and calmer wind conditions.
Thanks for giving us your experience with the poncho, very helpful,
Zelda