[Cdt-l] Oh yes..pack cover..

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 23:51:44 CDT 2009

On a related note, I do not use a pack cover. I use a pack LINER.

I simply line my pack with a hefty bag and load it up.  If you use a lightweight
pack, it does not retain as much water as traditional pack and dries out
much quicker.  The Hefty Bag is part of my dirt bagger mentality: Light
and cheap! :D

As you found out, pack covers tend to collect water more than
keep water out. ;)

FWIW, I did a hike in the southern Apps recently as I had (have!)
some free time and wanted to get in a nice hike.

The last day it POURED. I looked like a drowned rat. The insides
of my pack? Bone dry...

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art