[Cdt-l] Ley Maps

Dave Osborn alohakai2 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 09:40:55 CDT 2009

There has been some debate about the merits of normal sized 8.5X11 versus 11X14 prints of Jonathan Ley’s maps.

Here’s another option that I tried yesterday & it works great - a lightweight plastic magnifying glass.  I bought one in Walmart ( $4 - Stationary Dpt., brand name ‘Licken’) that has a 2X/4X lens.  I’ll remove the lens from the frame and just carry the 2.5” (they come in a 3” diameter size also) lens itself with the maps.  With the lens I can easily see the finest detail on my 8.5X11 maps.

Happy Trails,
freebird