[Cdt-l] 5. Border Patrol notification

Andrew West mountain739 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 17:18:38 CDT 2009

On the border patrol issue I found these guys to be very friendly and helpful when I hiked to Antelope Wells. They advised me to camp within a mile of the highway and said illegals were unlikely to have any interest with me. (I was kind of concerned hiking solo). In fact on the last day one of the BP guys gave me fresh melon, an apple and a banana and two others gave me some cool aid! Thanks guys.
They keep a good eye on you for sure....after bushwhacking and getting on the road they checked me out within 5mins.
Good luck with your hike

andy

http://blog.andywestactive.com/