[Cdt-l] Cdt-l Digest, Vol 20, Issue 21

Jim Eagleton eagleton at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 10:20:21 CDT 2009

I got a Ghost Ranch shuttle phone number (from Lynn Welden?).  Pretty sure it came in from the south, so not sure it went thru Chama.

Of course, the trail does not go thru Chama, but there there may be a trail angle(s).  Some have had trouble with the hitch to Cumbres Pass, but all have made it.

The Train which can get you to the trail from Chama or Alamosa, CO is expensive and slow, so not a good option unless you really want to do it.

I flipped out of Cumbres Pass twice. I hitched to Alamosa, CO and took the once a day bus to denver.  I would say the hitch was average for this distance.

Jim