[Cdt-l] ranchers and hikers and illegals

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Nov 5 14:54:14 CST 2009

However one might stand on this complex political & legal issue, I think
this is a conflation of a couple stories, namely these:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/19/national/19ranch.html?_r=1&8hpib
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/19/national/19ranch.html?_r=1&8hpib>

http://commonlaw.findlaw.com/2009/02/arizona-rancher-roger-barnett-rounds-up-legal-trouble-is-sued-by-illegal-immigrants-he-detained-.html

Unless there is some other story which I'm not aware of...