[Cdt-l] Gila National Forest section hike

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 14:40:10 CDT 2009

I am not sure if I can answer all the questions Karl, we hiked there in May and had a great time. Wagontongue Mountain I remember has a slightly tricky section of burned forest on the NB descent. But its short, follow the trail down to the burned area and bushwack downhill for about 15mins and look for the trail restarting in the forest again. We found it further right (looking downhill) than expected if thats a help. Its not marked in the burn area but is ok on either side. The spring marked on JLey's map north of the burn area was dry when we passed in May and we had to make do until getting to the Reserve road. There was a water cache in May on the north side of the road in May. Obviously no H2O problems in the Gila and Snow Lake campground has a spiggot.

Have a great hike
Brian
www.aweewalk.blogspot.com