[Cdt-l] Wagontongue Mtn burn coordinates

Jim Eagleton eagleton at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 22:53:38 CDT 2010

Good description.  If these coordinents look west of where the trail is on the USGS map, I think the trail was relocated west (and back east in a big switchback) just before the fire.  Generally, error toward the east side of the burn.  If you try to follow the trail, your momentum will take you west into the middle of the burn (from either direction).  Jonathan may have a better description this year.

We missed the water source just north of the burn and went on to the soso windmill just before the road.  Does anyone have information on the spring?

Jim