[Cdt-l] Water Report Cookes Range

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 11:01:51 CDT 2010

J Ley Columbus 05 very bottom point marker 6
Tank is full. Clear water, tasty.

Note: I found the Hyatt ranch mentioned on previous J Ley maps. It is marked on Columbus 06 north of fort Cummings ruins.
It appeared to me that there is a newer driveway road to the ranch. Kinda confusing. I headed at 110 degrees true from the ruins and met this road. Thinking it was the road marked on J.Leys map I followed it.. goes straight to the ranch.
Folks were friendly and waved.. Luckily did not shoot! If I had to do it again I would stay well south of the ranch and keep on east, cross their driveway and find the true road.
God it's beautiful out here!
-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek