[Cdt-l] riverside and encampment

Louis Maurer ironmaurer at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:29:07 CDT 2010

We stopped in riverside on our way north and had a great experience.  It was hard to get a ride from the pass on hwy 70 but only because of lack of traffic.  The first car that went by gave us a ride.  The Big Horn Lodge is in encampment and while encampment is the larger town there is nothing else there except for the po.  We got a ride to riverside which has two options for camping/lodging.  Across the street is a bar and a dinner.  The mangy moose bar has burgers which are great but that is the only thing worth ordering.  The bear trap dinner has a large selection and good food (but the burgers are not as good).  Once you spend an hour or two a the bar around dinner time you will have probably met everyone in town, we did.  Enjoy.

jaz and lou