[Cdt-l] Important Waterton Lodging Info!

cicelyb250 at aol.com cicelyb250 at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 12:02:46 CDT 2010

The  Waterton campground is huge.  There is a tent only area that should have room.  The "last"  site going north is in Waterton Park and is only about 2 miles from the town.  I stealth camped there only because could not figure out how to make a reservation.  Waterton Park is Canadian and Goat Haunt is American and the two do not communicate (at least in 2008)   A rather authoritarian ranger at Goat Haunt made it clear that stealth camping on the US side would result in a large fine.  The Canadian camping area had about 8 camping spots and in August had only 1 other person there.  As I recall there was also another Canadian spot about 5 miles out..