[Cdt-l] Sugar Loaf cabins at Hi 274

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:47:13 CDT 2010

I should have sent this in sooner but better late than never.

My husband, dog and I had the good fortune to spend the night at Sugar Loaf
Cabins in mid July. We arrived hot, tired and hungry after taking a wrong
turn near Hungry Hill Mine (another story).

Keith, Jean and their nephew were the perfect hosts. They are not set up
well for summer guests as their primary tourist season is for hunting and
winter sports. however, they took us in, fed us (they don't have a
restaurant, so we ate with the family) and offered to take us into Anaconda
for supplies. Jean asked my husband what kind of pie he liked and when he
responded, "blueberry" she whipped one of those up too. They were really
great. The lodge took Keith 9 years to build with his own hands as is worth
a visit just to see it.

Oh, and the phone number in the Wolf Guide for Sugar Loaf Cabin (on page 56
vol 2 So. MT & Idaho) is wrong -- the correct number is 406-491-3748 (not
2748 as listed).

Jo