[Cdt-l] Fwd: 13-18 AUG 10

Teresa Martinez Teresa at cdtrail.org
Mon Aug 23 12:13:24 CDT 2010

Thanks everyone- CDTA and the USFS are aware of the situation.  We are
awaiting the USFS to get a saw crew in there to do some of the  tree
removal ( last year CDTA volunteers cleared the stretch between Elwood
Pass and Wolf Creek Pass over a 3 day period, and  I am sure more trees
have come down though since then and from the winter we have had.)  We
offered to do the work in this stretch but the USFS  has assured us they
have the work scheduled. We are hopeful the USFS will have this done
before the summer is over but if not- we will work hard to get their
approval for our volunteers with sawyer certification to do the work
next summer. We ask for your continued patience and  want to assure you
we are very aware of the situation.  Thanks for the information and best
wishes on great hikes.

Teresa Martinez

Teresa Ana Martinez

Director of Trail Management Operations