[Cdt-l] See SPOT run

Christopher Sanderson csandowalk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 00:33:57 CST 2010

Jim,

I like your take on the SPOT issue.  I think any of us who are out there
balance both risk and responsibility - pushing a button to send a chopper to
haul you out for a torn meniscus seems a bit excessive and expensive. BTW, I
hope your knee is doing well these days.

I am also one who does not shun technology.  I had a GPS, and I took
waypoints along the entire CDT.  I also had the movie camera and digital
point and shoot camera, and with all that, I have made a digital diary that
I will have for the rest of my life.  I think the whole technology thing is
pretty cool.  That said, I will likely never carry a spot with me, because
1) I am too cheap to own one; and 2) I've got enough electronic gizmo crap
with me on the trail (phone, iPod, GPS, cameras... sheesh!).

Peace,

Freefall