[Cdt-l] Fwd: See SPOT run...

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 11:12:42 CST 2010

I agree with Jonathan,

I have never worn headphones when hiking. I have had a little radio that I
listened to in camp at times.

I once witnessed a guy get hit by a train when he couldn't here it coming
because of his ipod/walkman/whatever.
Joggers and bicyclists often get killed because they don't here the cars
that they cross paths with.

I watched a friend almost get run over by a tugboat when he got careless in
his kayak and drifted into a shipping channel while listening to his IPod.

Not that you have that much danger on the trail, but maybe you might miss
the sound of someone's cry for help, a rattlesnakes rattle, an ATV or
snowmobile riding up your ass, ...

I like the various sounds around me when I hike and wouldn't want to miss
any of them.

--
For details about our winter pool sessions go to:
http://sebagocanoeclub.org/pool-sessions.html