[Cdt-l] SPOT-rescue without search

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Mon Dec 6 13:49:16 CST 2010

Ditto from a local policeman. We gave a presentation on our hikes to local Rotary Club. As we left the building a member of the local police asked us if we carried a Spot. When we replied that we didn't he strongly recommended we start carrying one to aid SAR if we ever needed help.

We bought one before the next hike.

I think my EMT son feels the same way. And he has started carrying our Spot on his 4-wheeler trips into areas around Death Valley.

Ken