[Cdt-l] Trip notification/Shameless self promotion

Benjamin Mayberry benmayberry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:17:56 CST 2010

A few months from now I'll be heading out on a 4,250 mile thru-hike of what
I'm calling the "AZT to GDT Route". It's a combination of four different
long-distance hiking routes that runs from the U.S.-Mexico border at the
Arizona Trail's southern terminus to deep in the Canadian Rockies at the
northern terminus of the Great Divide Trail. Its largest section is along
the Continental Divide Trail, which it follows for about 1,800 miles from
southern Colorado to Waterton Lakes.

I figure everyone on the CDT-l might be interested in seeing this since it
is, as far as I know, a totally new route that incorporates the CDT. I've
really enjoyed reading about hikers that find new ways to make use of hiking
trails (i.e. not just hiking from end to end like everyone else - no offense
intended to any thru-hikers) and hope that others will find my hike
interesting for the same reason. There's lots of info on my hike at
http://benmayberry.net/adventures/azt-to-gdt and I'll be posting updates
there once I get started.

If this doesn't interest you, I apologize for the spam. I've spent enough
time on the PCT-l and CDT-l to see worse crimes committed than shameless
self promotion, so I assumed this would be permissible.

Happy holidays,
Ben Mayberry