[Cdt-l] Fw: Trip notification/Shameless self promotion

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 06:47:40 CST 2010

I will chime in as well- Ben it looks like a great trip- good luck!

The Hayduke in particular looks an excellent 'route' with much off trail and
scrambling through sublime, remote canyon scenery. I would love to have a go at
that one myself some day......

You probably are already aware of this but Andrew Skurka has an excellent
map/guide pack available http://www.andrewskurka.com/CANY09/index.php in
Jonathan Ley map style.

From Arches to the San Juan's will be interesting I think. Is there not already
a mountain bike trail with on-route huts from Telluride (near the CDT)  to Moab?
Maybe your plan would be a better hiking route than that though. If you can
create a good way here then that provides a possible 'Colorado Plataeu' loop of
the Hayduke-> CDT New Mexico-> GET -> AZT. What a desert trip that would be!

Brian
(from snowy scotland)
www.pbase.com/briansolar1