[Cdt-l] AZT to GDT route - can we see the KML file?

Benjamin Mayberry benmayberry at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:59:55 CST 2010

I agree that northbound is the psychologically easier direction of travel,
in terms of reaching the natural conclusions of several trails and also
because I can start my hike much earlier than if I were heading southbound.
Impatience is the worst.

I could send you the file or there are two other options for viewing the
route the way you're describing. On my own site, I have a page that allows
you to toggle layers. It's at http://benmayberry.net/spot/map.php?trip=4.
I'll be carrying a SPOT and once I'm actually hiking, this is where the
updates will be posted to. It's still under development to some extent so I
haven't linked to it anywhere on the site - once I'm hiking, it'll be linked
to on my site's home page. Your second option to is head to
www.postholer.com/gmap and toggle the trail to "AZT to GDT". If you'd still
like to download the file you can go to
http://benmayberry.net/azt_to_gdt3.kmz, which will immediately prompt a
download.

La Nina will make this an interesting balance act. I need to leave the
Colorado Plateau before it becomes so hot and arid that hiking is nearly
impossible, but enter the Rockies late enough that I won't have hundreds of
miles of snow in front of me.

Thanks for the support,
Ben