[Cdt-l] rescue

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 13:12:23 CST 2010

Let's not jump to inappropriate conclusions about the backcountry acumen
of the rescued hikers. It's quite possible the ibex were actually to
blame, having forcibly stolen their Spots at horn-point and absconded
the gadgetry to their secret cave high in the mountains.

I carried a Spot once and the batteries merely died. But even a
plain-living cowboy could return to camp to find that his horse has been
beaten to death. Anything can happen out there.

- blisterfree