[Cdt-l] Wild Horse Roundup

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 00:49:19 CST 2010

I can't speak specifically to this incident but I can tell you that there is a herd of wild horses near Tehachapi and there is someone who looks out for the herd and in some cases removes a horse from the herd (there was one specific case where the mother was killed and the herd started attacking it's baby) and the herd managers separated the baby, nursed it back to health and put it up for adoption (and a BLM employee actually adopted it for his personal ranch).

So sometimes good things do happen for these horses when the herd needs to be thinned.  Fingers crossed that this is being done for the best interest of the animals.
NITRO

Anitra I. Kasswww.NITROhikes.com
www.AnitraKass.com