[Cdt-l] : wild horse roundup

R Smith ronyon at comcast.net
Sat Dec 25 13:28:23 CST 2010

I asked my friend who works for the BLM about this issue. Here is his
response:

BLM has an overpopulation of horses and burros on public lands and they
damage the range so we have to "gather" them. Some (younger ones) are
adopted and the rest are kept indefinitely in captivity in several
locations.  At Palamino Valley in NV we have over 20000 horses in captivity
where we have to feed and care for them.  The BLM is not allowed to kill
them even though they are not native species.

Ron