[Cdt-l] Electronics

Jack Richardson jackrichardson at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 9 08:21:57 CST 2010

Electronics??

On my AT thru in 2001 I had a TM20 Pocketmail device and digital
camera. That was it! During my PCT 2007 hike I had a cell phone,
satellite phone, Pocketmail composer, digital camera and a MP3 player.

So for this years CDT hike I will have Email device, cell phone,
satellite phone, GPS, Spot Tracker, iPod Touch, digital camera, a
solar battery charger and specific device rechargers (3X)!

It seems that each hike has brought on more necessary (??) electronic
gear. I may have to hire a sherpa to carry my electronics this year!!!

All kidding aside, I see there is a new email device available called
the "Peek". Research shows it to be lighter then Pocketmail Composer,
able to handle my current email accounts, text messaging, view
attachments, smaller size, wireless and high techie. Unfortunately it
does not use AA batteries like the Composer.

Any thoughts on Peek versus Pocketmail???

Any thoughts on Electronics on the CDT???

Thanks

tumbleweed