[Cdt-l] Electronics

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 15:22:05 CST 2010

I guess its a personal thing, but I enjoyed being away from gadgets on the trail. I had a digital camera and the smallest gps for emergencies. we both took tiny mp3 players and kept them for occasional dirt road travel - I probably used mine for about 3 hours over the summer. PCs and email are available in almost all towns now.
I think the camera was close to vital for me as it greatly enhanced my enjoyment, particularly now 5 months later- but the mp3 and gps (and cellphone) can easily be 'ditched'. We did both carry at least one book for reading in the tent though, and binnoculers- they were our luxuries.

Brian (and Martina) Black Isle, Scotland
www.pbase.com/briansolar1