[Cdt-l] Electronics

Jack Richardson jackrichardson at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 9 15:44:24 CST 2010

Brian,

Thanks for your input.

I was soliciting opinions and thoughts. And got them.

My final tally for electronics is GPS, Spot, Pocketmail, cell phone
and camera. No mp3 nor satellite phone, so I guess I am roughing it ha
ha ha.

All my early years hiking (40 years ago) were made without any
electronics. Ok, I did have a homemade headlamp. But seriously, I am
finding intense pressure from wife, kids and friends to know how I am
doing and where I am. I guess they think an elderly guy needs all the
help he can get.

This has been a great discussion and as you and Jim point out it comes
down to personal needs. HYOH, eh?

Do you live near Kinlochard in the Trossachs National Park? I have a
friend who moved there last year. As he says, "I moved closer to where
god lives".
I have been to Scotland and admit it is a beautiful place when it
isn't raining. Great rainbows, yes!

Thanks again,

tumbleweed