[Cdt-l] Wyoming - Stock Driveway?

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:08:34 CST 2010

Actually, I'm not sure whether they're still being used for the sheep or not.  In '98 we

found sheep in the Weminuche, and in fact, IIRC one of Jim Wolf's trail alternates was

to follow the sheep trail across a ridge rather than drop 1000'.  It was an "interesting"

route.

Sheep - ran into them in other places in Colorado and have run into them several times

in Wyoming.  Got caught in a "sheep stampede" in the Winds and then had the dogs try

to get a piece of us.  That didn't work out for them.  Also ran into sheep in Montana near

the Sheep Station, but the dogs there didn't bother us.

Walk softly - and carry a big stick,

Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/