[Cdt-l] Snow Course Locations ?

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Feb 17 14:55:09 CST 2010

I want to thank all of you for your interest in learning specific practical backcountry skills in order to become safer, wiser, and realistically prepared for what may be ahead of you on your next hike where you may run into snow.

What we're all about, here at Mountain Education, is to help aspiring thru hikers realize what it takes to realistically accomplish their dream of hiking any long trail safely and have a blast doing it, such that they do it again!

We've had an overwhelming response from all states questioned of encouragement to offer Snow Courses in their local mountains!

Now, what we need to know is where would be a good place? From my PCT and CDT trips, I've got a pretty good idea where most hikers have trouble, like at Saddle Junction out of Idyllwild, Ca., but for you Oregonians and Washingtonians, where is a good, centralized place that has good, steep terrain that is easily accessible?

Suggestions anyone?

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca.