[Cdt-l] Kicking Down Cairns

Sam Haraldson samh at samh.net
Tue Jan 5 09:38:39 CST 2010

> I apologize to him and to all of you if my plea for CDT cairns appeared to
> be a lecture. Not meant as such.

Bob,

I didn't find your tone of voice to be lecturing in anyway, I found it
to be more of a plea.  Did Jack have good rationale for removing
cairns on the PCT?  I have no idea, I've never looked into it.  Do you
have good reason for asking someone not to on the CDT?  Most
certainly!  My only long trail to date was the poorly marked PNT and
I've hiked on the CDT in places.  Cairns can be ugly and useless and
I've knocked down my share of them in my day but there are some that
are the only representation of the trail and need to be left alone.
So, to close I feel both you and Jack have your reasons and hopefully
will agree to disagree.

- Sam