[Cdt-l] Kicking cairns

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Wed Jan 6 13:18:18 CST 2010

I think someone might hurt their foot if they tried to kick down many of
the cairns between Spring Creek Pass and Wolf Creek Pass.  There are
sections in the Weminuche where those cairns are all that stands between
having to pull out the compass and navigate, or walk freely, more able
to enjoy the incredible views up there.  Someone told me that it is
considered good luck to add a stone to a cairn as you walk by, so many
of the cairns marking the trail may be a community effort!

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD