[Cdt-l] Kicking cairns

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:01:48 CST 2010

Hmmm, not sure where you hiked but there's plenty of sections of trail
that are only marked by cairns  in every state.  I can't remember
exactly but in one section in northern NM, it appeared all the 2-3 foot
high cairn had been knocked over.  Since there were so many, I
questioned whether it had been done deliberately or by snow/ice melt,
but what was erect in '02 were knocked down in '07.  From being easy to
see were just barely visible above the grass.

Well, the CDT isn't as easy to follow as the AT or PCT, it's not all
that difficult either.  To be honest I hope it's never marked as well.
I prefer the challenge rather than walking mindless single track.

YMMV,

Sly