[Cdt-l] CDT completion rocker patch

Jack Haskel norcalhiker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:17:26 CST 2010

It seems kind of silly to print an arbitrary number on the patch. 2,500+, 2,600, 2,700, 3,000... Especially considering that someone might finish the "trail" having hiked hundreds of miles less than someone else. 2,500+ is selling you short if you've hiked a lot more, and 3,000 would be a boastful exaggeration to many. "Thruhiker" and "Section Hiker" have different meanings, but then to me, Section Hikers become Thruhikers when they finish. Sort of.

My vote still stands with "Finisher" as it makes the point and is neutral. But I also would like to see the CDT patch with "Trash" underneath it :)