[Cdt-l] Vapor Barrier Liner socks

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Jan 7 23:49:46 CST 2010

Why not try actual plastic garbage bags? They don't weigh much, and
actually work for moderate stream crossings. I call them my redneck
waders - one on each leg right over your shoe, and hold 'em up with yer
hands - very quick to set up & put away.  I've done this a couple times
for shorter hikes, where I knew there was one crossing I didn't want to
have soggy feet for. The cheap bags only last about 2 crossings in my
experience though (maybe 20 feet with shin-deep water). Thicker ones
might work better... Maybe not so practical on a thru-hike, but for
other trips?... When you get home, you can just use them as actual
garbage bags.

-Jonathan