[Cdt-l] the foot care bible

Kris Strromberg campomp at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 13:10:18 CST 2010

Although most people on this list have probably figured out most of it on their own, Jon Vonhoff's "Fixing your feet" helped me tremendously on the PCT.  Did you know dehydration and excessive salt consumption can cause foot swelling?  Covers foot mechanics and blister formation, and looks at all the products available (including sealskins).  His website also has much of the information:

http://www.fixingyourfeet.com/

I only got one small toe blister on the entire PCT, after having to bail on a 3 section hike after only 160 miles the previous year due to a massive heel blister.

Wasa