[Cdt-l] My 2009 CDT itinerary.
carlsods at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:35:31 CST 2010
Hello everyone. I thought it might be helpful for others if I posted
my (final) CDT itinerary from my 2009 hike. Feel free to ask any
CDT NOBO 2009
- This was for a NOBO hike. The pace in Idaho/Montana would likely be
unsustainable for a SOBO
- I took lots of zeroes in New Mexico because of blisters, and because
I wanted to delay for snowmelt in CO
- I am 26 years old, and started the hike in good physical shape.
Others were slower in NM.
- I took a 5-day break from hiking at Cumbres Pass.
- No zero days in all of Wyoming.
- I did not "flip" for weather reasons. Glad I finished when I did, however.
- I took some shortcuts, including Mack's Inn, and Anaconda.
11-may Palomas, Mexico
11-may Columbus, NM
13-may Deming, NM [zero day]
19-may Mimbres, NM [zero day]
22-may Gila Hot Springs, NM [zero day]
29-may Pie Town, NM [zero day]
02-june Grants, NM [zero day]
09-june Circle A Ranch/Cuba, NM [zero day]
14-june Ghost Ranch, NM
19-june Cumbres Pass/Chama, NM [five zeros]
27-june Pagosa Springs, CO [zero day]
03-july Creede, CO [zero day]
10-july Salida, CO
14-july Twin Lakes, CO
17-july Silverthorne, CO [zero day]
22-july Grand Lake, CO
25-july Steamboat Springs, CO [zero day]
30-july Encampment, WY
07-aug Lander, WY
13-aug Togwotee Pass, WY
17-aug Old Faithful Station, WY
18-aug Mack's Inn, ID [zero day]
22-aug Lima, MT
27-aug Leadore, ID
31-aug Darby, MT
05-sept Anaconda, MT
08-sept Helena, MT [zero day]
14-sept Benchmark Ranch, MT
19-sept East Glacier, MT
24-sept Waterton Township, Canada
More information about the Cdt-l