[Cdt-l] My 2009 CDT itinerary.

Dylan Carlson carlsods at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:35:31 CST 2010

Hello everyone.  I thought it might be helpful for others if I posted
my (final) CDT itinerary from my 2009 hike.  Feel free to ask any
questions.

happy trails,
Dylan Carlson
CDT NOBO 2009

NOTES:
- This was for a NOBO hike.  The pace in Idaho/Montana would likely be
unsustainable for a SOBO
- I took lots of zeroes in New Mexico because of blisters, and because
I wanted to delay for snowmelt in CO
- I am 26 years old, and started the hike in good physical shape.
Others were slower in NM.
- I took a 5-day break from hiking at Cumbres Pass.
- No zero days in all of Wyoming.
- I did not "flip" for weather reasons.  Glad I finished when I did, however.
- I took some shortcuts, including Mack's Inn, and Anaconda.

ITINERARY:
11-may	Palomas, Mexico
11-may	Columbus, NM
13-may	Deming, NM	[zero day]
19-may	Mimbres, NM	[zero day]
22-may	Gila Hot Springs, NM	[zero day]
29-may	Pie Town, NM	[zero day]
02-june	Grants, NM	[zero day]
09-june	Circle A Ranch/Cuba, NM	[zero day]
14-june	Ghost Ranch, NM
19-june	Cumbres Pass/Chama, NM	[five zeros]
27-june	Pagosa Springs, CO	[zero day]
03-july	Creede, CO	[zero day]
10-july	Salida, CO
14-july	Twin Lakes, CO
17-july	Silverthorne, CO	[zero day]
22-july	Grand Lake, CO
25-july	Steamboat Springs, CO	[zero day]
30-july	Encampment, WY
07-aug	Lander, WY
13-aug	Togwotee Pass, WY
17-aug	Old Faithful Station, WY