[Cdt-l] Wet foot = Cold foot / vapour barriers etc

doug-sue71 at comcast.net doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 12:00:16 CST 2010

A system that worked for me in river crossings is this:  I would back a pair of extra sturdy insoles.  At a river crossing I would remove my boots and insert the insoles into my socks, then wade across.  On the other side I would wring the socks out and hang them on the back of my pack with the wet insoles, slip on a pair of dry socks and boots and keep on going.  The process is tiring on multiple crossings and I just plunge in with boots on.

-RedDoug in Michigan