[Cdt-l] Bay Area REI Presentations

Garret Christensen garretchristensen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 02:07:45 CDT 2010

Posted this to pct-l as well. I am doing 5 Bay Area REI Presentations in July.
If you want to come heckle me and/or hear about some cross-country stuff I did
last year (and how that sort of seemed like a natural progression to me after
having done the CDT and making up large chunks of the route), it would be cool
to see you there.

Here's the blurb the REI organizer wrote and the dates.
The Sierra High Route & Beyond: A  Thru-hiker’s Dream:
Since 2002, Garret Christensen has hiked  the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific
Crest Trail, the Continental Divide  Trail (a yo-yo thru-hike), and more.
Tonight, Garret will share slides  and stories of his most recent adventure–a
450-mile summer traverse of  the Sierra, from Olancha north to Tahoe City . Join
Garret as he travels  the spectacular Sierra High Route, a 195-mile route
(half-cross  country, half-trail) above 9,000 feet, which showcases the best of
the  Sierra. Then, follow him the rest of the way on the Tahoe-Yosemite and
Tahoe Rim Trails. Come learn pointers on ultralight packing, route  planning,
route finding, and safe backcountry travel. Find out how this  thru-hiker
extraordinaire covers 20-30 miles each day, carrying a base  pack weight of
eight pounds.

7 pm–8:30 pm, Tuesday, July 20 at  REI Berkeley
7 pm–8:30 pm, Wednesday, July 21 at REI San Carlos
7  pm–8:30 pm, Monday, July 26 at REI Saratoga
7 pm–8:30 pm, Tuesday,  July 27 at REI Fremont
7 pm–8:30 pm, Wednesday, July 28 at REI Corte  Madera

best,
The Onion