[Cdt-l] steam engine out of chama

Louis Maurer ironmaurer at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:09:24 CDT 2010

Wanted to let everyone know that there may be a problem with the steam engine out of chama.  The morning we intended to leave the trestle going up to cumbres pass caught fire and the train was unable to make the trip.  We do not know the final status but it is very likely that the train will not be running to the pass for the rest of the summer, if ever, and so this will no longer be a way for hikers to get back on the trail.  What a total bumber since it was such a cool way to travel.  Gook luck with the hitching.

lou