[Cdt-l] First Grizzly Bear!

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 17:26:06 CDT 2010

I am on cloud nine! I just saw my first Grizzly. I have seen plenty of Cali Black Bears and always wanted to see it's carnivorous cousin.
I was kinda lost.. UM misplaced the trail on the Lava Mt route J. Ley WY10. I was cresting a ridge and coming towards me I spotted light brown/cinamin fur. It was a sub adult so I was looking around for mom but never spotted her. Anyhow griz was just about 50 yards away when I knew I needed to get
 it's attention before it got too close. All it took was a few words and a click of my trekking poles and away the Griz went.
Awesome!
Cheers-Iceaxe
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek