[Cdt-l] J Ley co37 note 2 Elk Cr to Molas Pass

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 09:51:22 CDT 2010

Howdy all! The San Juans are stunning! I followed J. Leys note 2 on map co37 to get to Silverton. I want to let you know that Elk Creek is way high and to stay on the right hand side all the way down. There is one large waterfall a couple of miles down that has no bridge and is kinda scary looking.
I went up top just where the waterfall splits into two. I was ables to scramble across holding on to rocks but got soaked of course.
It is scarier than it looks.. Mostly air and foam.
Elk Creek below this point, where the falls meets the creek, is real scary.
It was a totally awesome route into Silverton though! The canyon walls are exceptional.
Cheers-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek